About the course
Join our School Founder Sophie, for this Yoga Alliance approved Yin Yoga Teacher Training. This Yin Yoga Training runs over 2 weekends on Saturday & Sunday from 1pm to 6.30pm. This course offers all the benefits of online instruction without sacrificing the personal touch of in-studio trainings. With the live sessions you will be able to interact and get to know your teacher and fellow students. All students will participate in teaching practice which is a very valuable tool to improve your skills & knowledge and you will also get feedback & mentorship from the teacher. There will also be an opportunity to teach your own Yin Yoga class in our studio on completion of the course.
Weekend 1: 13th & 14th March 2021
Weekend 2: 27th & 28th March 2021
Convenience, flexibility, and a comprehensive curriculum that can prepare you for students at every stage of their practice. The course is approximately 25 hours long and includes visual learning tools, video sessions and your printable teacher training manual. If you miss any of the live studio sessions you can catch up by watching the recordings on Google Classroom. Keep in mind that this is not a substitute for a 200hr certification but it can be taken before or after a 200hr course for those who are on a teaching path.
Who is this for?
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training is for those students who love yin yoga and wish to know more about the practice for their own well being and self development, experienced yoga instructors looking for new information and ongoing training, new instructors looking for guidance and support and anyone who loves Yin Yoga.
Required reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clarke
The recommended materials for this event include:
- meditation cushion
- pen/paper (or notebook)
That’s it, dear friends. Once you’re logged in, all you’ll need to do is find a comfortable seat, take a deep breath, and settle in.
We can’t wait to welcome you on this course.
The first section looks at the history and origins of this practice as well as the components that define it. We’ll explore the principles of Yin, the benefits and the energetic body.
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training Manual (PDF)
- What is Yin Yoga?
- Principles of Yin Yoga
- Yin vs. Restorative
- Setting Up & Preparing for Yin
- Your Practice & The Best Time to Practice Yin Yoga
- Yin & Yang – One full length yin yoga classes
- Physical & Emotional Benefits
- Mental Benefits
- Intro to Meridians
The second section covers how to teach yin yoga. As a yin yoga instructor, your students will look to you for guidance and will place their trust in your understanding of asanas, sequencing and theming of a class. Your students will also turn to you for your yoga philosophy, your ability to express yourself clearly, and your empathy and observational skills.
- Sequencing & Teaching Yin (students will practice teaching the Yin poses to the group)
- Sequencing Tips
- Sequencing by Peak Pose – Two full length yin yoga classes
- Sequencing for specific target areas – Two full length yin yoga classes
- Sequencing by Theme – Two full length yin yoga classes
- Hatha vs Yin Yoga Names
- Modifying Asanas
- Breathing Techniques
- Teaching Tips
By joining this Online Yin Yoga Teacher Training program, you will receive:
- 25 hours of live video content
- 8 yin yoga classes
- Access to Google Classroom to catch up on any missed live sessions at your own pace
- An in-depth 100-page PDF teacher training manual
- Yoga Alliance approved certificate of completion
- Teacher and community support
* There will also be an opportunity to teach your own Yin Yoga class in our Dundrum, Ireland studio on completion of the course.
When you refine your skills as a teacher and improve the quality of your classes, the more:
- joy and fulfillment you’ll get
- repeat and consistent students you’ll have
- you’ll be able to charge higher prices for a sustainable career
- the impact you’ll have on your students’ health and well-being
- word of mouth (aka the free marketing you’ll get!)
- you’ll grow in elegant confidence as an inspiring teacher and be recognised as a professional making a difference