Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Josh Summers
Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Foundations Module (50hr) with Josh Summers 1st to 4th November 2018, E-RYT 500, YACEP, Lic. Ac.
Part of the 200-hr and 300-hr Teacher Training Certification in Yin Yoga and Meditation.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Foundations Module is a comprehensive training developed for serious students and teachers interested in learning the core physical aspects of the practice of Yin Yoga.
The 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training Foundations Module will include:
- Core principles of Yin Yoga; how to cue postures and educate students safely.
- Practice the core Yin asanas: Backbends, forward bends, lunges, external hip openers, twists, upper body postures.
- Explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; how bone variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations.
- Study the anatomy and biomechanics of the spine, pelvis, thigh, knee, and shoulder girdle.
- Principles of tension and compression in asana.
- Learn five essential Yin sequences, with relevant modifications and adjustments.
- Principles of sequencing; target areas and counterposes.
- Investigate the histological structure and function of connective tissue.
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health.
- The Foundations Module is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education Credit (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance. This Foundations Module is also a core module in the Summers School of Yin Yoga and can be applied to a 200-hour and 300-hour certification program.
Here’s how the program works:
Register for the live teacher training module by clicking the button below.
1. Register for the module.
- Fee (includes 100-page manual): €540 early-bird, €690 thereafter.
- Early-bird pricing expires 30 days prior to the start date of the training.
You will receive:
- 90-day free access to the online preparatory course (see below)
- 4-day live intensive training module
- In-depth teaching manual
One of the unique features of the Summers School of Yin Yoga is that each of the core Training Modules has an online course component. The online course will prepare you to arrive at the live training with a solid foundation of the theory and practice covered in each module, allowing us to start at a higher level in our time together in the intensive.
Upon registration, you’ll get a 90-day free access pass to the online course (a €125 value).
- You will need to complete the online course, including a short quiz, before attending the live teacher training module. Estimated time to complete the online course: 5-7 hrs.
- You will receive an exclusive access code to the online course via email after signing up (please allow up to a week for processing).